CME/CE Activity InformationEssential Knowledge for Addressing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S.: Introduction (Live)
November 9, 2022 - Virtual
Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Altus Solutions Inc.
After reviewing the details on this page, scroll to the bottom for next steps to 1) claim credit for the live training and 2) begin the online certification program.
This activity is intended for child-serving professionals in the United States.
Included with program
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of:
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) Credit hour
- 1 contact hours for Continuing Nursing Education
- 1 AAPA Category 1 CME Credit for Continuing Physician Assistants Education
- 1 culture continuing education credit for Continuing Social Worker Education
- 1 contact hour(s) (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- 1 continuing education credit for psychologists
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this continuing education activity for 1 contact hour(s) (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
Universal Activity Number - JA4008162-9999-22-399-L04-P
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Include minimum hardware, software, internet connectivity and connection speed requirements for accessing the internet-based activity.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality
Please see final activity for the policy on privacy and confidentiality that relates to this internet activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hour.
Continuing Physician Assistants Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1 AAPA Category 1 CME credit. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Continuing Social Worker Education
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 1 Clinical continuing education credit.
Continuing Dental Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of the credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this activity for 1 continuing education credit.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider, or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
Continuing Psychologist Education
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs.
This program offers 1 continuing education credit for psychologists.
Interprofessional Continuing Education
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 1 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by COPE to provide continuing education to optometrists.
Credit Statement: This course is COPE approved for 1 hour of CE credit. Activity #124998 and Course ID 81638-PB. Check with your local state licensing board to see if this counts toward your CE requirement for re-licensure.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
1. Define human trafficking
2. Describe how to report suspected human trafficking
3. Define commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) as a form of human trafficking
4. Identify risk factors that make a child vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation
5. Identify warning signs of commercial sexual exploitation of children
6. Recognize intersection points for identification and care of CSEC victims
7. Describe how to build community relationships and networks
8. Collaborate with other child-serving roles and professions are who are needed to improve identification, care, and outcomes of children who have experienced CSE
9. Analyze opportunities for better prevention, care, and reform
10. Use trauma-informed frameworks to develop policies and protocols that better support victims and survivors of CSEC
Ashleigh S. Chapman, JD
Human Rights Lawyer
Founder/CEO, Altus Solutions™
President/CEO, Alliance for Freedom, Restoration, and Justice®
Additional Disclosures & Disclaimers
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Request for Credit
In order to obtain your CME/CE certificate, please follow the steps below at the conclusion of the activity:
1. Go to www.cmeuniversity.com
2. Login or Create a New Account (will take less than 1 minute)
- If you receive a message when creating a new account that “the email you entered is already in use”, please click the "Forgot my Username or Password" link to have your Username and Password sent to you via email
- After logging in, you may be asked to verify/update your information; after doing so, click Save at the bottom of the page
3. Type in 17655 at the top of the page, “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course”, and click enter
4. Click on the activity title when it appears
5. Choose the type of credit you desire
6. Complete the online assessment
7. Receive an immediate CME/CE Certificate to download and/or print for your files
For Pharmacists: Upon completion of the online evaluation, your credit will be submitted to CPE Monitor. Pharmacists have up to thirty (30) days to complete the evaluation and claim credit. Please check your NABP account within thirty (30) days to make sure the credit has posted.
If you have questions regarding the certification of this activity, please contact PIM via email at email@example.com.
Essential Knowledge for Addressing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S.: Online Certification Program
Begin the Online Training Program
After completing the live training and taking the above steps to claim your CE credit, register for the full online training series (view program details) to keep learning: