Justice U Certification: CSEC Essential Knowledge for Healthcare Professionals in the U.S.
Earners of this certification have demonstrated essential and critical knowledge on how to address the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) in the U.S.
To earn this badge, the learner must complete the series final exam in the Justice U™ series, Essential Knowledge for Addressing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S. with a score of 80% or higher. The exam has 30 questions based on the series learning objectives. Learners are allowed 3 attempts total.
The final exam addresses the following learning objectives:
Human Trafficking Awareness
- Define human trafficking.
- Distinguish common myths from facts.
- Identify vulnerable populations and risk factors.
- Define key factors that are behind trafficking behaviors.
- Recognize red flags that may indicate suspicious activity.
- Describe how to report suspected human trafficking.
- Describe the challenges that arise when working to end human trafficking
- Recognize the role of key organizations and agencies.
- Compare and contrast local and global issues.
Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) Awareness
- Distinguish the scope and context of the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Recognize the language and definitions of commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Recognize the value of trauma-informed and survivor-centered language related to commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Identify risk factors that make a child vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation.
- Identify warning signs of commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Identify key federal and state laws related to commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Predict how to respond to commercial sexual exploitation of children.
CSEC: Essential Knowledge for My Role
- Recognize intersection points for identification and care.
- Identify potential challenges working with CSEC cases.
- Identify services and referrals that might be available for CSEC victims.
- Predict outcomes based on processes surrounding CSEC cases.
- Describe how to build community relationships and network.
- Analyze opportunities for better prevention, care, and reform.
- Create a personal action plan.
How to share your digital credential:
Once you have earned this credential, simply follow the instructions you receive by email from Justice U™ via Credly. (These instructions are sent to the same email address you use for your Justice U account.) Once you have logged in to Credly and accepted this credential, you will also find sharing instructions, which include options for LinkedIn, a PDF download, and sharing to other social media accounts.
Note: If this page shows you have earned this achievement, but you have not received an email, try going directly to Credly to view, accept, and share your credential. Create a new account with Credly if it's your first time using Credly.
About Justice U™
Justice U is a learning platform that quickly delivers knowledge from experts in the anti-trafficking movement to audiences who need it, with tools every modern learner needs today.
Learn more at LearnWithJusticeU.com
1 Required Steps
- Completed Final Exam “Certification for CSEC: Essential Knowledge for Healthcare Professionals in the U.S.” with a score of 80 or higher